SalesIntel is the top revenue intelligence platform on the market. Their unique approach to data collection, enhancement, verification and growth distinguishes them from the market, solidifying their position as the best B2B data partner.
This key role in our engineering leadership team will manage our data engineering team, ensuring our products follow our customer-first mindset and provide reliable performance and innovative solutions. You will ensure your team is operating effectively using best practices and methods for data engineering. You will partner with your team’s technical architect to envision the buildout of our big data solutions towards the future, applying your strong background and roots in data engineering to analyze our existing solutions and define our path forward.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Analyze and monitor our data engineering solutions and systems and build out a vision to shape our data engineering function.
- Manage team of data engineers and leads, applying best practices to ensure team efficiency and successful delivery
- Mentor data engineering architect and data engineers to ensure their professional development and promote delivery of high quality solutions
- Identify and recommend areas for improvement in technical processes
- Work closely with leadership and product owners to ensure we build solid and achievable plans, timelines and milestones for each data stack
- Identify potential risks associated with new projects and establish procedures to mitigate those risks
- Provide technical leadership on large data engineering projects and ensure that they are completed according to schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or relevant discipline
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a technical director role
- Proven leadership skills, with experience managing and mentoring technical teams
- Experience and willingness to work in a high velocity environment
- Managed an engineering team of at least 15 engineers in diverse geographies
- You have a consistent track record of recruiting both engineers and contributors
- Proficient with our tech stack: AWS, Spark, Scala, Java, Python
- Deep understanding of the solutions we leverage: Databricks, EMR, Vertica
- Experience with both batch and streaming architecture
- Comfortable with micro-service architecture
- Experience with both relational and NO-SQL datastores
- Solid past experience as data engineer and/or data architect
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
Location: US Remote