SalesIntel is looking for a highly skilled Data Engineer to join our growing team. The Data Engineer will be responsible for building and extending our data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys working with big data and building systems from the ground up.
You will support our software engineers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists to ensure our data delivery architecture is consistent throughout the platform. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Who we are
SalesIntel is the top revenue intelligence platform on the market. Our combination of automation and researchers allows us to reach 95% data accuracy for all our published contact data, while continuing to scale up our number of contacts. We currently have more than 6.2 million human-verified contacts, another 77 million machine verified contacts, and the highest number of direct dial contacts in the industry. We guarantee our accuracy with our well trained research team that re-verifies every direct dial number, email, and contact every 90 days. With the most comprehensive contact and company data and our excellent customer service, SalesIntel has the best B2B data available.
- Design and build parts of our data pipeline architecture for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using the latest Big Data technologies
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- 3+ years experience with Apache Spark and solid understanding of the fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or related field
- Deep understanding of Big Data concepts and distributed systems
- Strong coding skills with Scala, Python, Java and other languages and the ability to quickly switch between them with ease
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with a variety of relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, and Vertica
- Experience working with data stored in many formats including TSV, CSV, JSON, Parquet
- Cloud Experience with AWS or similar service: S3, Athena, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Comfortable working in a linux shell environment and writing scripts as needed
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Machine Learning knowledge a plus
- Must be capable of working independently and delivering stable, efficient and reliable software
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Location: US/Arlington VA